Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rain and Seeds

Annie looking serious while collecting seeds.
I've been trying to get all our flower seeds harvested before they sprout on their own from all this silly rain. I was a little sad when I opened the flowers to find some of the seeds sprouting, but I got most of them. I'm excited to save the seeds for next year. Annie is very curious and wants to plant them now. She helped me collect, dry and package them. At each stage she asked about a billion questions. I hope she grows up to love gardening or at the very least remember some of what I teach her about it. The flower heads were a little wet, thankfully the seeds inside didn't get soaked yet.
These are the seeds we collected drying on a plate.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns