Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day two of the chicken crusade

Well, we made it through the night with no casualties, which after Annie bringing me chickens telling me "they just want say hi," several times, I was more than worried.  She hasn't quite grasped the "don't squeeze" mantra I've been chanting. 
I fear they have become a bigger part of our daily life than I had anticipated.  Annie now insists on eating all her meals next to her babies.  And 
if you were wondering, the chickens favorite movie is Shrek 3.    Annie, even insisted on rushing straight home after church to check on her girls, and doesn't want to go anywhere.  I'm afraid we may never leave the house again.    On the flip side, she loves them, and since I can't have a dog or cat I guess chickens are the next best thing.
       They are quickly outgrowing their kiddy pool and have taken to charging the sides, in what can only be an attempt to fly over the edge, but in reality is only a wing flapping charge into a head-butt with the wall.   On several occasions now they have even gotten together on a group effort to escape by all pecking at the wall as a group.   


Annie loves to have them perch on her shoulder.  


Breakfast with the girls (please note I do make her wash her hands constantly).   


She wanted to
bring this one to church this morning.







0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns