Friday, March 9, 2012

Feeding my babies

I am a bit of a health nut, and that's putting it lightly.  I constantly research and read about food, and it's effects on the body.  My husband loves to hear me quote crazy theories and scientific data.  Unfortunately, knowing all the effects of food on the body is hard for me to ignore, especially when it comes to my children.  I love them, and want the absolute best for them.  To me, the best is giving them the healthiest start in life that I can.  Yes, this means going through 14+ hours of labor with no drugs, making 90% of our food from scratch, and making a lot of scarifies to buy what is healthy for them to eat.  Does any of this do any good?  I have no idea.  All I know is that I am incredibly sensitive to foods I eat and I see the same signs in my kids.   I don't want them to go through all the heartache and struggles I went through as a kid.  


But I can't keep my children in a bubble.  They have friends and hangout at other peoples houses.  They go out to eat.  Everywhere we go there is sugar.  Sad part is, when you give my kids sugar they get tummy aches, they can't sleep, and their bodies start struggling with digestion issues. 

So how do I prepare my kids for going out to eat?  I feed them.  I fill their tummies with healthy food before we go out.  They get to go to dinner with everyone, hang out, eat, and go home happy.  They don't have to sit there hungry, or eat the food that will make them sick, or worse eat the healthy food while everyone else is eating french fries and hamburgers.   They can eat what they want, they aren't as hungry, end up eating less of the bad stuff and don't miss out or feel different from everyone else. 


 My Annie, when not eating healthy.

After 2 weeks of super healthy eating.  If you can't see the difference your blind.  Her eyes are clear and with no dark circles, she is sleeping better and has no tummy aches.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns