Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pie post


So the pie season has officially started at our house.  Every Spring the first pie of the year is Strawberry Rhubarb, and every spring I swear it's my favorite pie, until peach season starts and I fall in love with Blueberry Peach pie. I have made pies for as long as I can remember.  My mother used to have the most amazing cook book with the best pie recipes in it.  I say used to because years back I borrowed it and never returned it.  (Sorry mom, I promise I'll bring you a slice of pie in the morning to make up for my thievery).  It is old and tattered with the binding broken away.   The cover is long lost, but I still remember the sadly outdated picnic scene with fresh bread and a pie laid out under an apple tree. 

If this makes it through the night, it will be a miracle.

1 comments:

Amy R. said...

YUM!!!! This is my favorite pie! And I called back the other day to see what you needed but you never called back. I was happy to get a call from you! :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns