Monday, May 17, 2010

Miss Byars

During our trip to Florida I got the chance to catch up with my old friend Byars.  We haven't gotten to see each other in probably 8 years, and it was so good to get to see her.  It's wonderful how God puts people in your life that no matter how long it's been, there is this sense of comfort in seeing each other.  And I am so grateful that I met Byars 11 years ago when we were two completely different people.  We have both changed by leaps and bounds, but it made no difference she is still one of my favorite people to be with.   I am determined to not let 8 years go by again.

One of my strongest memories about Byars was her dedication to God.   No matter what, she always put going to church before going out.   At the time I thought it was unnecessary and weird.   I had no relationship to Christ then and I remember it making me think, but not enough to go see what it was all about.    She was one of the first people I thought of when I started going to church, and I am forever grateful for her display of dedication so many years ago.    

Annie and Byars  

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns