Friday, February 19, 2010

Update on our seedlings



Annie went down to the big scary basement with me to check on our seedlings today, and it really is amazing how a few seedlings can captivate her attention for so long. What was meant to be a simple 5 minute check and water turned into 30 minutes of "ooh," "aah," and "oh my mommy, look at that one."
Hopefully they will all make it, because I think Annie is expecting these plants to grow old with her. I'm not sure what she'll do when next winter hits. I'm pretty sure she'll be trying to hide plants in her room. So far though, everything is going great. All but a few seeds came up and they seem to be doing fine. The heating blanket is working great and I love how much heated space we have. I am able to start germinating seeds in the dark on one side of the mat while the others are under the light. I'm just hoping I have everything timed right otherwise I'll have seeds sprouting and no room on the lighted half to put them. Anyone have any old florescent light fixtures hanging around?

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns