Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I found them!

Last night I went to my first Hot Yoga class. I haven't done any Yoga since having Annie, so I figured I would give it a shot. If Tom Holley raves about it, it must be pretty good. Believe me when I tell you I was less than thrilled about the dress code. It's recommended you wear nothing but a bathing suit. I walked into the building to meet my instructor who was somewhere in her 40's with the body of a 18 year old wearing a cheetah print bikini. Already feeling uncomfortable she informs me I cannot wear pants. So I am putting on my shorts and the smallest top I could find (that still covers my stretch marks), when 10 other women of varying ages walk by me. All with bodies that remind of what I wasn't even close to achieving before having Annie. Is this for real? Possibly there is something to this, or do people like me just not go to these classes? Then I walk into the studio and there they are, all the men in St. Louis. Laying on towels in a room where the temperature never goes below 90 are a slue of single men. Sadly they are all in speedo's dripping with sweat and I there I am covered in sweat myself. In my old gym shorts and a very unattractive tank with one of those useless bras inside, I was the most overdressed person in the room. I felt truly frumpy for the first time in my life. Overall the class was good. I sweat about two liters of water, felt a combination of nausea, dizziness and heat exhaustion. Managed to stay semi conscious the whole class and found myself unable to walk for about 15 minutes after the class ended. As to whether or not I will go back? I'm not sure. Do I go to another gym, get in shape and then return? Or do I continue going as I am in the hopes that my body will somehow morph into one of the well toned stick figures parading around it in the class? It's a tough call, but I will let you know.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns