Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where's my pillow?


My Blog has been seriously behind lately. I haven't had the time to do much of anything, and since blogging is on my list right after, wash dishes and do laundry, I just never get to it. This morning I decided I would skip the dishes and since I never get to the laundry, it can wait another day. I've been working a lot lately, which means Annie spends most her time with my mother, and nothing gets done at home. Biggest downside to single parenting, you still have to do the house work even after working all day. And no, no one is going to the grocery store for you. I really think the government should have a free maid service available for all single working parents. It just makes sense. Most days I'm only here to sleep, eat breakfast and shower, then out the door we go, Annie almost always still asleep. Do you know what that means? yep, breakfast dishes laying in wait for me, clothes strewn about in various stages of cleanliness, laundry never gets done, and the bed never gets made. Oddly enough, it's the unmade bed that upsets me the most. I just can't stand it. It doesn't help that I have the weirdest dog on the planet, who insists on removing all the pillows from the bed while we're sleeping and then piles the blankets at the end for him to sleep on. Every morning I wake up with a crick in my neck and my feet freezing cold. I ask him whats up, and he just gives me puppy eyes. We're thinking of contacting the dog whisperer for some insight.
So that's what we're up to lately. All work and no play. Except for Annie of course, she gets to play all day with her Gigi. I'm not even going to talk about how jealous I get that my mom gets to spend more time with her than me. I figure in a way she deserves it. She worked and raised her kids, it only makes sense that she gets to play all day with her grand kids now. Hopefully in the Far Far future I will get to just spend all day with my grand kids and not work.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns