Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The uneaten breakfast


Today was one of those days I would rather have slept through. Annie woke up more or less a mess. I'm pretty sure the tears actually started before her eyes were open, but I can't prove it. I thought perhaps if I made her both of her favorite morning foods for breakfast it would cheer her up. Oops. It somehow manages to make her even more upset, which only made me mad, because no one's making me breakfast every morning, and setting it before me as I relax on the sofa wrapped in warm Blankets.
The morning ended with me giving in. I called work and let them know I wouldn't be able to make it and spent the day with Annie. I foolishly thought that my staying home from work to spend the entire day with her would make her happy. Oops again. The whole day was a mix of tears and screams, and I'm pretty sure I'll wake up with a couple bruises I didn't had before.

"Annie don't play with mommy's new cards."
"GRRRRRRRRR......" is her reply as she dumps them on the ground and then stomps on them.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Background by Ava7Patterns